PING: blacklist.mail.ops.worldnet.att.net-clueful admin at AT&T

Ejay Hire ejay.hire at isdn.net
Wed Feb 11 22:30:40 UTC 2004

I get a couple calls a week from people asking how we got
off of it.   Think if it as an opportunity to network with
others.

:)

For those who are reading this three months from now on
Google, we got off the blacklist.mail.ops.worldnet.att RBL
by emailing abuse_rbl at att.net from a hotmail account.  It
took about 24 hours and I never received an "It's all better
now" email, it just started working.

Good Luck,

-ejay

On
> Behalf Of Ben Browning
> Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 3:19 PM
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Cc: abuse_rbl at att.net
> Subject: PING: blacklist.mail.ops.worldnet.att.net-clueful

> admin at AT&T
>

> The following is an autoresponse I have been forced to
make
> in my email
> client. I get, on average, 1-2 emails per week since I
> originally posted
> here asking for help with my own att.net blacklisting
woes.
> That was in
> *August*. I posted this here once before, in hopes that
> perhaps it would
> get as widespread in Google as my original post has been.
> Today alone I
> have received 3 emails about this issue. I would highly
appreciate an
> offlist email telling me what you are doing to document
your
> blacklist and
> the procedure ISPs must follow to get removed.
Alternately,
> AT&T payroll
> may contact me and we can discuss my consulting rates,
should
> you wish me
> to continue being your only source of documentation and
> support for this
> blacklist.
>
> ~Ben
>
> ---begin autoresponse---
>
> Here's a post I posted to NANOG and
> news.admin.net-abuse.email, as I have
> gotten a lot of replies abut this.
>
> ---
> Subject: ATTN: Anyone with RBL clue at att.net
>
> Something must be highly broken at ATT. I have been
receiving tons of

rm-hostmaster at ems.att.com
>        3324 Hollenberg
>        Bridgeton, MO 63044
>        US
>        314-264-9672 fax: 281-664-9975
>
> Asked for their abuse department. Kept asking and calling
> back and leaving
> messages, etc, until finally I got a response. It took me
> several days.
>
> AT&T - please document the removal procedures on your
website
> immediately.
> You are apparently doing some very heavyhanded blocking
and
> professionalism
> demands you at least give admins some recourse to figure
out