SMTP authentication for broadband providers

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Wed Feb 11 16:07:25 UTC 2004

> Is anyone aware of any well known mail clients that do not support
> SMTP authentication (Unix, Windows or Mac)?

  I'm not an ISP, but I know some users here who have wireless Internet
on their mobile phones have complained in the past they can't send
e-mail if you have SMTP AUTH only (as opposed to POP before SMTP).  Not
sure if it'd be an issue for you, but it's something I ran into.  My
basic response was "tough" :)

--
Jason McCormick
jason at devrandom.org
GPG Key: http://www.devrandom.org/gpgkey.php
GPG Fingerprint: 66C5 2B15 3E34 2B5E 5321 6147 303A DCE6 0A74 A19C