Root Servers Request

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Tue Feb 10 00:29:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Donovan Hill wrote:

: This is a formal request to ICANN that they hand over the root server to a
: not-for-profit organization. I nominate ISC for this task.

And here, I had thought that most of *.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. were ISC-sponsored,
mostly not-for-profit/academic/subsidized servers as it was.  To be sure,
VeriSign does not control the majority of such servers.  8-)

You're probably confused that ROOT-SERVERS.NET. != GTLD-SERVERS.NET.  The
latter hosts COM. and NET. and is run exclusively by VeriSign.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv at duh.org> <tv at pobox.com>