ISS X-Force Security Advisories on Checkpoint Firewall-1 and VPN-1

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Thu Feb 5 18:13:23 UTC 2004

At 08:56 AM 2/5/2004, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>Is there some really good "network security for dummies" book that I
>can point such people at?

A "social" approach is often more effective than the "technical" approach
i.e. it is often easier to hack into a secured system via "social
hacking".  In a similar vein, while I have no idea if it's "good", but I
bet it would be satisfying *and* effective (no matter if he actually reads
the book or not) to buy a copy and give it to the luser^W idiot ^W NOCling
in question:

<http://www.cobb.com/chey/Network_Security_for_Dummies.html>

You could take a cluebat[1] along when you give it to him.  A bit of carrot
and stick approach. :-)

jc

[1]  <http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20030210&mode=classic>  UF
was actually selling these for a while, unfortunately they are all sold out
now.