Data Center Building Considerations

Burton, Chris Chris.Burton at dig.com
Wed Feb 4 23:27:44 UTC 2004

	I would suggest speaking with someone who has been part of a
large scale datacenter design and implementation.  Depending on what
state/country you are in there are various electrical, HVAC, fire
suppression, and other codes that you have satisfy along with any other
company policies on this such as security, generator capacity (if
available), carrier availability.  Some buildings are great for data
centers, other are not; but if this is a new building it may be
pre-designed to house at least small scale data centers.

Chris Burton
Network Engineer
Walt Disney Internet Group: Network Services

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact Walt Disney Internet Group at
206-664-4000.