Strange public traceroutes return private RFC1918 addresses

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Tue Feb 3 19:34:26 UTC 2004

* pete at he.iki.fi (Petri Helenius) [Tue 03 Feb 2004, 19:47 CET]:
> This is wrong. Interrupt moderation has been there for quite a while,
> DMA is chained and predictive.

Just like the extra chopping up of the data you want to send into more
packets, it's things you have to do a few extra times.  That takes time.
There is no way around this.  What Leo wrote is in no way wrong.

> ACL checks I can agree on, but if you are optimizing the system, what
> do you need ACL?s for anyway because you can make the applications
> secure in the first place?

You're trolling, right?

	-- Niels.

--
Blessed are the Watchmakers, for they shall inherit the earth.