What happened to dot pro... (BTW)

J. Oquendo sil at politrix.org
Mon Feb 2 02:16:52 UTC 2004

Anyone can send a spoof through say a misconfigured email server
responsible for that TLD say through remixer, posing as someone on that
network. Just because someone has some 'nifty' tld means absolutely
nothing. If someone truly wants to be held accountable in such fields they
could always use PGP to sign the messages they send. Wait for that to
happen and I'll be a millionaire before it does.

Not to get into an accountability issue here, but in certain professions I
feel digital messages should be signed entirely, it sends a sign of some
form of trust being given/desired. Personally I would love to see people
in office use some form of digital based signature, but that would after
all - hold them accountable. ;O

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x51F9D78D
Fingerprint 2A48 BA18 1851 4C99 CA22 0619 DB63 F2F7 51F9 D78D
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x51F9D78D

sil @ politrix . org    http://www.politrix.org
sil @ infiltrated . net http://www.infiltrated.net

"Men have been taught that it is a virtue to agree with others.
But the creator is the man who disagrees. Men have been taught
that it is a virtue to swim with the current. But the creator
is the man who goes against the current. Men have been taught
that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the
man who stands alone." -- Ayn Rand