Did Wanadoo, French ISP, block access to SCO?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Feb 1 23:08:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Sean Donelan wrote:

> EWeek is reporting an anonymous source that Wanadoo, a major French ISP,
> has stopped all traffic to SCO's web site?
>
> Is this true?  Have any other ISPs taken similar action?

Can you block access to something that doesn't exist?

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2-P3 <<>> www.sco.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.sco.com.                   IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
sco.com.                1582    IN      SOA     ns.calderasystems.com.
hostmaster.caldera.com. 2004020103 3600 900 604800 1800

sco.com still has an A record, but it seems filtered.  I can't
ping / traceroute / tcp/80 it.

Their MX is still reachable (ping / tcp/25 at least).

 Atlantic Net                |