SCO blames ISPs for blocking access to web site

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sun Feb 1 12:03:42 UTC 2004

Sean Donelan wrote:

>SCO's spokesperson Blake Stowell blamed ISPs around the world
>for blocking access to SCO's web site.  SCO says their web site
>bandwidth is at normal levels.  According to SCO the attack is
>not schedule to begin until Sunday at 1609 GMT.
>
>http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world_business/view/68946/1/.html
>
>So much for spin-control.
>
>If you thought you were helping SCO, it appears SCO doesn't want your
>help.

I would have to say that if I would have a website which some malicious
person put
in their worm/ddos code, and providers start to block my traffic, the
writer would get
what he wanted in the first place, right?

There are just too many people who run when somebody cries "Wolf!!!"
without
engaging their brain first.

Pete