Route analysis from today's AS9121 incident - preso in Seattle?

Richard Irving rirving at antient.org
Fri Dec 24 16:56:40 UTC 2004

ren wrote:

> Dear NANOG Program Committee,
>
> Request:  May we please have a presentation by Renesys on today's AS9121
> incident at the Seattle NANOG 15-17 May 2005?

<soapbox>

    So... remember the previously posted comment that
most router melt downs are from human error ?

   Prophetic, isn't it ?

  It is sort of like when the Newbie unix Engineer comes up
and says "I can't get -so and so- application to work right"...

  And your aged -nix Guru, without even looking up, says "It is probably
a permissions error"..... and he is right.

   The true artform of the craft, is to realize that the maintenance,
and day to day operations of complex computer systems -isn't- a battle against
logic and math, like we were originally taught....

   But, in sooth, is a battle against human error,
in all its myriad of forms.

</soapbox>