Sanity worm defaces websites using php bug

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Tue Dec 21 21:15:13 UTC 2004

The one instance of this I observed did the following:

1) got permissions of apache daemon by way of the viewtopic.php script

2) ran the server's wget to download
http://www.packetstormsecurity.nl/DoS/udp.pl

3) pulled udp.pl down into /tmp, and ran, not sure how it got its list of ip.

The quick and dirty work around to shut this off right away was to chmod
wget down to 0, then go fix viewtopic.php .

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org
+ http://www.dmdennis.com