Anycast 101

Joe Shen joe_hznm at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Dec 20 13:53:49 UTC 2004

I don't think PPLB is compatible with anycast esp. in
situation when we consider end-to-end communication
with multiple packets.

As PPLB may derive to out-of-sequence  between TCP
pacekets & different DNS server destination of the
same UDP stream,  it will broke anycast DNS service in
some situation. So, if TCP based DNS requests is
considered, flow-based load balancing should be
considered which is total differnt from PPLB.

Joe