New Computer? Six Steps to Safer Surfing

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Sun Dec 19 13:47:49 UTC 2004

So when the majority of people begin using a different operating system, is
there some reason that the majority of virus-writers or other malcontents
wouldn't focus on the flaws there?

Or are we stuck in this little bubble thinking that unix REALLY is THAT
secure?

Perhaps it is, but my viewpoint is that it's really shortsighted to make
this assumption.  Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it
can't.  Wolves go where the sheep are plentiful and less protected.  As they
get hungry, they'll go other places.  :)

Just my two cents.

Scott