verizon.net and other email grief

just me matt at snark.net
Thu Dec 16 21:33:36 UTC 2004

Thank you for mutating this into yet another interminable topic.

matt ghali

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

  On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:35:09 PST, just me said:

  > is org the sole delegation from .

  If you're trying to register in .org, yes.

  If you want to claim "but the organization looking to register under .org
  can go register under .com or .net or .biz", ask yourself why we bother having
  TLD's at all?  Why don't we all just register our-name.%{3randchars} and be done
  with it? Or just register our-name. and be done with it?

              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke