Community list REACH

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Wed Dec 15 19:52:07 UTC 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 4:33 AM, James Ashton wrote:

> Hey out there.
>  I am in need of a list of community strings that REACH.COM accepts.
> Does anyone have a list of these?
>  For the last several months I have been trying to get traffic coming
> from reach to traverse a different path to my AS. This is proving to be
> a project. Right now they are sending me traffic over Cogent and Cogent
> doesn't have any decent communities for this type of thing. My
> Australian customers are getting 400ms traceroutes coming through
> Telstra > Reach > Cogent to us.

Most providers that act on communities, only accept them from their
directly connected customers (and in some cases peers).

>  This is starting to get to be a VERY annoying problem.

I would complain hard to Cogent to ask them to selectively prepend
towards their peers
either based on communities or on a request from you.

And I'd tell your Australian customers to complain to Telstra.