networking related vulnerabilities - floodish december?

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Tue Dec 14 22:15:42 UTC 2004

It appears like many of us will be very busy this month, on the network
front.

The linux kernel has two published vulnerabilities (one for IGMP -
http://isec.pl/vulnerabilities/isec-0018-igmp.txt).

MS released one for DHCP (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=36664)
and last but not least - with a wordpad vuln out, we already expect an
RTF worm.

Any takers on a bet as to when?

There is also one for WINS released early this month, and just patched,
but it is less relevant for NANOG in my personal opinion.

This is a busy month for network admins, not just system people who have
to run and patch things.

Just an FYI for those who don't often follow these things anymore due to
lack of relevance.

	Gadi.