Server Room Environment

John L Lee johnllee at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 14 17:18:20 UTC 2004

Erik,

What equipment are you going to have in your server room? If you are
going to have printers or tape drives they have different requirements
than all
electronic equipment. How is the equipment placed and where are the air
intakes and air exhaust from the equipment. Where are your HVAC and are
they adding to the room load?

How much heat is the equipment generating?

You want to cool the equipment but you do not want condensation on the
equipment. You do not want totally dry air as the static will damage the
equipment also. You will need to check with the equipment manufacturer
to get "the answer" to this question.

Will you have cubicles in the room for people or will it only be equipment.

Only you can answer this question for your equipment and what ever else
is in the room. Is it a small room or a larger room?

John (ISDN) Lee