no whois info ?

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Fri Dec 10 03:32:13 UTC 2004

> I wonder what % of domains that have their whois info hidden or
> "private" are throwaway spam domains...  Some number approaching 100% I
> would bet.  It would be nice to somehow incorporate this into a
> SpamAssassin check somehow.

Please don't, there are legitimate reasons to have private domain names.
  One of the main reasons my domains are private is I got tired of the
spam and direct snail mail I got to the contact addresses.  Also, some
people, like incest survivors, feel better not having their name out
there as an owner of a related support site.

Taking away the usefulness of private registrations won't stop the
spammers.  It will just impact the privacy of the regular folks.