no whois info ?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Dec 9 19:59:44 UTC 2004

At 02:44 PM 09/12/2004, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

>Perhaps 100% of spammers hide their registration data when possible,
>but I wouldn't say that 100% of hidden registrations are spammers.
>
>An RBL option of this type of data would probably mean forced
>elimination of a benefit to the public - privacy.

There has to be a balance between expectations to privacy when
participating in a public space (the internet).  Putting your name and
address behind a domain is not unreasonable in my mind.  You are afterall
publishing DNS info, so its not a case of total privacy.

I use RBLs to score messages, not reject them.

         ---Mike