Bogon filtering (don't ban me)

Jeff Rosowski rosowskij at ie.ymp.gov
Mon Dec 6 17:58:13 UTC 2004

> 	Just thinking out loud, but is there any reason that this
> route-server methodology couldn't be applied to other 'undesirable'
> destinations, such as the world's top spammers, phishing web sites, etc?
> Maybe break them up into different communities, so subscribers can pick
> which ones they want to filter.

Sounds like a good idea, though with the administrative overhead of
managing such a project, as much as I'd like to see something like that
offered for free, it would most likely have to be a subscription based
service.

You're also talking a hell of a lot more information in your routing
table, since at this point we're talking some pretty granular routes.  I
mean if people complain about 150K+ routes now?