Bogon filtering (don't ban me)

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Mon Dec 6 01:10:24 UTC 2004

Hi, Sean.

] Unless you are a professional router driver, using Team Cymru's
] suggested router configuration will hurt most average users.  Which is
] a problem because a lot of the Team Cymru recommendations are good
] router hygenie.  But I can't in good faith recommend people use the Team
] Cymru, because of those dangerous inclusions.

This is one of the reasons why we offer the list in a wide variety
of colors and models.  :)  Take a peek at the RADb entries, which
do differentiate based on type:

   <http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html#radb>
    - fltr-unallocated
    - fltr-martian
    - fltr-bogons

I hope this helps!  We could also divide the list in our text and
HTML offerings, and add separate communities for special use and
unallocated.  I'm always sorry to hear that folks can't use our
projects, especially if they don't convey to us why.  Suggestions
are always welcome!

Thanks,
Rob.
--