MCI/Worldcom billing hell?

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Sun Dec 5 03:57:21 UTC 2004

> 	I didn't listen this week, but when this first aired (perhaps a year
> ago or so?), this was a residental billing issue.  The person
> involved may not be employed there anymore, or not in the same
> group, and likely not able to help with misbilling of dataservices
> that has happened in the past.

Not only is it quite likely the person isn't there anymore (this is MCI
after all) but emailing them would likely be fruitless or would result
in a reply along the lines of "Please contact customer service."

I actually had MCI residential quickly correct a billing mistake several
years back. Was a lot less than $946.36, too..

I wish that I could have enlisted the media when SBC screwed up another
T1 installation. I'm batting 0 for 3 with SBC so far, the most
interesting one was them testing a circuit clear across town, insisting
that it was mine. I'm sure many of you can beat me by miles, though..