16-bit ASN kludge

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Dec 3 23:23:55 UTC 2004

I don't see non-transit ASN leakage as any greater issue than current
private ASN leakage.

However, I do see the ability to use non-transit ASNs to multihome end sites
with provider independent addresses and allow better aggregation as a good
thing.  In this case, leakage would only have the same consequences as doing
things the way we do them now.

I don't see a real downside.

Owen

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.