How many backbones here are filtering the makelovenotspam scr eensaver site?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Dec 2 21:56:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:18:52 EST, "Hannigan, Martin" said:

> Can you direct me toward a singluar entity of 1MM bots controlled by
> a single master?

Well, it was a while ago that some Polish guys were openly advertising
their 465K zombie network - I'd be most surprised if it isn't over 1M by
now.  And remember that hierarchical design is understood in the black
hat world too.  If somebody has 1M bots, it won't be 1M bots in one network,
it will be several hundred subnets of several thousand bots, and some
automated way to signal several hundred control nodes to each fire up
their several thousand bots.  So you may already have whacked off a 1%
chunk of that 1M net several times already and not even realized it....