BIND + DLZ

just me matt at snark.net
Thu Dec 2 19:01:43 UTC 2004

I second the recommendation for PowerDNS. I built an anycasted, sql
backended instant-update DNS server platform for a registrar who was
interested in selling a "premium dns service" product. We looked long
and hard at bind+dlz as well as PDNS.

Both are great products, and the developer who works on the DLZ code
is a great guy, but we were able to squeeze a lot more queries per
second out of PDNS.

matto

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Jeroen Massar wrote:

  On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 20:17 +0100, Erik Haagsman wrote:
  > And while we're on the subject...anyone know a reliable web-based admin
  > front-end for BIND + DLZ + PostgreSQL...? Or does everybody just roll
  > their own...?

  That is called PowerDNS with a bind-backend ;)

  Rolling your own is of course the best version as you can customize it
  the way you like, hook it where you want etc. Then again you can do that
  with PowerDNS too and with a lot of scripting basically with anything.

  Greets,
   Jeroen

              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke