My yearly post about environmental monitoring devices

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Thu Dec 2 06:12:25 UTC 2004

I'm sure if you peruse the archives, you'll see that I post about this
about every year. The answer to your question is 'No, I haven't found what
I am looking for yet.'

However, the quest I am on is slightly different.

I am looking for a device that meets the following criteria.

a) Reasonably small. This probably wouldn't be rack mounted; it'd be wall
mounted, desk mounted, celing mounted, etc.

b) Powered by PoE.

c) Is SNMPable over Ethernet. NOT RS232 or serial, or anything archaic
like that. Not MODBUS. It's 2004, people.

d) Provides Temperature and Humidity.

e) Has 4 or so input contact sensors (connections to AC units, etc.)

f) Has 4 or so output contact sensors.

Help.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --