optics pricing (Re: Weird GigE Media Converter Behavior)

Peter Galbavy peter.galbavy at knowtion.net
Tue Aug 31 07:50:31 UTC 2004

Lars Erik Gullerud wrote:
> Then there's always the option to implement something else. Hm, where
> can I order a CARP license again...?

... which is why I think I used VRRP as an example - "ignore and replace" as
opposed to "embrace and extend".

In answer to Mark Borchers' point about the IETF draft mentioning
"reasonable and non-discriminatory", I have the reply from Cisco's dude
(whose name I forget, but I think he reads NANOG) that offers "me" the
license, on non-discrimintory terms, part of which is to never claim against
Cisco for any patent I may hold. That's not reasonable to me. But hey.

I only used VRRP as an example and by no means as the single only one. I
like W3C's way of doing things, and not the IETF's for the moment - but I
suppose the subject line should change to reflect a different area of
discussion... still about the network operators costs though.

Peter