FBI bust DDoS 'Mafia'

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Aug 30 20:27:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Len Sassaman wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > The America is not what it used to be. Welcome to the 21st century.
> >
> > Have those guys rotting at Guantanamo been proven guilty?  What was
> > the deal with Sklyarov (http://www.freesklyarov.org/)?  Etc.
>
> The "deal" with Sklyarov was that the charges against him were dropped,
> possibly in part due to the large demonstrations we organized against his
> arrest. Elcomsoft, his company, was tried, and found not guilty.
>
> What, precisely, is your point?

(It was a done deal, finished a long time ago, but worth citing in any
case.)

Being thrown in jail for 3 weeks (or thereabouts), and held in the
Land of Freedom without allowing to go home (and family) for about 15
months (or so) afterwards doesn't sound something like "innocent until
proven guilty" to me.