Anybody at ATT.net email services?

Thornton thornton-nanog at cierragroup.com
Thu Aug 26 05:08:58 UTC 2004

Our email to att.net has been going through w/o any problems and we
actually have a lot of emails going there.  It may be your IP's are
being flagged as passable for some reason and is causing the resend
action.  This is the first I have heard of they delaying any email like
this though.

You can try noc at att.net but I think all that email gets ignored.

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 17:10, Vish Yelsangikar wrote:
> We're having trouble with ATT delaying our email. They are using a
> "grey-listing" technique to filter spam. Their mail servers give a
> "deferred" message and ask you to resend your email two hours later.
> The mail is allowed through on the retry. This filters out most spam,
> because most spam engines ignore return codes and will not retry. This
> is causing problems, because our mail servers are getting all clogged up
> with email to att.net customers and slowing down.
>
> Our difficulty has been in finding someone at AT&T to speak with about
> this. Can somebody from ATT.net help Netflix?
>
> Thanks
>
> Vish.
Thornton
Cierra Group