Weird GigE Media Converter Behavior

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Tue Aug 24 23:37:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, J. Oquendo wrote:

> Hello all, wondering if anyone has seen or experienced this same problem.
> Currently deploying an OC12 on a campus network and am using Netgear media
							       ^^^^^^^
> converters. Set up the lines and had lit fiber to the building I needed it

Say no more.

Not that I have any experience at all with an "OC12 GigE media converter",
I certainly wouldn't trust anything made by netgear.

I refuse to buy anything made by netgear, after having had three different
products not have basic functionality (like the ability to turn of NAT,
for instance, or the ability to go back out to the internet when
connected via VPN).

And after having talked to their support department, you could not PAY me
to sell YOU a netgear product, under ANY circumstances. You want netgear,
you're not buying it from us (and we'll sell just about anything to
just about anybody).

Perhaps a product made by a company that makes the slightest effort to put
out a quality product would serve you better.

Andy

---
Andy Dills
Xecunet, Inc.