More on Sri Lanka fiber outage....

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue Aug 24 04:04:53 UTC 2004

> Suresh Ramasubramanian
> It's a break bulk ship - a large container vessel for shipping
> extra large or awkwardly sized cargo like coal / fertilizer /
> oil pipes etc Built in 1978 and has seen real hard use every
> day it's been in service as far as I can see from googling
> out the marine registry

Length / tonnage? Large cargo ships are worth a million or two in "bulk"
just for the raw steel, as long as it's not too rusted. The dismantling
of these (they beach full-speed at high-tide on the highest tide of the
month) is one of these areas where the boundary between work and slavery
is not completely clear.

Michel.