More on Sri Lanka fiber outage....

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Tue Aug 24 03:44:38 UTC 2004

David Lesher wrote:

> They better hope the cargo is valuable; otherwise they will
> own one rusting hulk and have to deal with it.

It's a break bulk ship - a large container vessel for shipping extra
large or awkwardly sized cargo like coal / fertilizer / oil pipes etc

Built in 1978 and has seen real hard use every day it's been in service
as far as I can see from googling out the marine registry

I'm sure its owners (the Shipping Corporation of India) would be happy
to give them the ship for free.

Valuable?  The consignment belongs to whoever consigned it, and I guess
all the shipper has to do is to remove it from the impounded ship and
book space on some other rust bucket.  Should be fairly easy - those are
fairly crowded waters.

	srs