"scanning" e-mail [WAS: 3 Free Gmail invites]

Patrick W Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Aug 19 19:17:42 UTC 2004

On Aug 19, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Jay Hennigan wrote:

> Are you saying that those ridiculous boilerplate disclaimers similar to
> the following that annoyingly appear tagged to email (including that
> sent
> to public mailing lists) really mean something?

[SNIP]

I got complete agreement from every JD about the disclaimers at the
bottom - they cannot tell you after you have received the e-mail that
you cannot keep the e-mail.  Someone sends you something, it is yours.
Period.  (Of course, every single one then back-peddled and talked
about how nothing is certain if it goes to court and typical CYA Lawyer
BS.)

So at least the part about "if you are not the intended recipient, I
get your first born 'cause you already read the e-mail before seeing
this disclosure" is complete and utter BS.

--
TTFN,
patrick