scanning (Re: OT - 3 Free Gmail invites)

Edward B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Thu Aug 19 18:08:57 UTC 2004

LK> Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:39:43 -0700
LK> From: Lou Katz

LK> Because G-mail scans INCOMING mail without the sender's
LK> consent, we will NEVER have a G-mail account and have
LK> considered blocking them. We actively discourage our clients
LK> from using this service. If you want to let a service scan
LK> YOUR mail, it is your perogative, but you cannot give them
LK> permission to scan MY mail to you.

Uh huh.  And the systems that run virus checks and bayesian
filtering?  Consider how your statements would apply to "you
cannot give 'them' permission to scan MY spam/viruses to you."
It just doesn't make sense.

You'd better start blocking large chunks of the Internet, because
Gmail isn't the only one out to get you^W^W^W^Wthat scans inbound
messages.

Eddy
--
EverQuick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/