OT - 3 Free Gmail invites

Jeff Wheeler jwheeler at usip.org
Thu Aug 19 18:07:12 UTC 2004

I'm not sure if it's even worth responding to you, but here I go
anyway....

All mail servers scan your email when you send to one of their users.
Mine scanned your below message several times in a row - first to look
for certain headers that I don't want coming through (like that subject
prefix that adult-oriented sites are required to use, for example),
then again to look words in the body that I don't want to come through
(for various things, from links to sites that could harm my users, to
signatures of specific viruses, to stuff about mortgages that nobody
should be using their work email to take care of), then again to see if
the message was addressed to the postmaster (at which point all other
rules are stopped and the message goes straight to the postmaster
account), then again to check for attachments and add headers for
certain kinds, then again to check those headers and block certain
kinds of attachments, then again to check for viruses,
etc...etc...etc...

Given that all of the above is standard mail procedure (maybe not at an
ISP, but certainly at a corporation with specific strict usage
policies, and even at an ISP many of the above are standard) I hope you
can understand how pathetic your argument is.

--
Jeff Wheeler
Postmaster, Network Admin