Specialty Technical Publishers

Mike Lewinski mike at rockynet.com
Thu Aug 19 00:54:43 UTC 2004

Owen DeLong wrote:

> No... It is not a good idea to /dev/null it.  If you /dev/null it, the
> doctrine of Acquiescence by Estoppel works in their favor (essentially
> latin
> legalise for "Silence is Consent").  Instead, you should write on the
> invoice
> that you never agreed to purchase the items and send it back to them
> certified
> mail.  Make a copy of the invoice with your annotation and keep it for your
> records.

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting an opinion as to whether it is too
late to follow this course, given that what led to my little outburst
resulted from a call from their collections agency (I had actually asked
to have it shipped back when it first arrived but the office manager had
other more pressing things to do so it's been gathering dust, unopened
except to look at the invoice). If we do send it back, it's going to be
accompanied by an invoice for our shipping costs and time.

In any event, after doing some googling and finding other victims of
this company, I've decided to register
SpecialtyTechnicalPublishersSucks.com in order to publicly document
their abuses. Sooner or later someone will have the time and resources
to fight them all the way- perhaps I can lend some ammo.

So, this is an invitation to anyone who's had an experience with STP to
submit it to me directly- I'll be happy to anonymize if requested when I
publish it.

TIA,

Mike