filtering 1918 (was Re: Summary with...: Domain Name System ...)

Patrick W Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Aug 18 22:55:57 UTC 2004

On Aug 18, 2004, at 6:46 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 06:12:38PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
>>
>> 	Anyone that isn't working on this (even slowly) is helping
>> contribute to part of the problem/mess of rfc1918 sourced packets
>> leaking
>> to the internet.
>
> Tell it to the unfortunate number of people manufacturing customer edge
> aggregation boxes which still don't support uRPF. :)

I think he just did.

And, perhaps more importantly, he is telling the people who are
considering buying such hardware.

And, perhaps most importantly, people should tell transit providers
they are considering purchasing transit from that this is unacceptable.
  (You can consider this my personal notice to all transit providers.)

--
TTFN,
patrick