Specialty Technical Publishers

Mike Lewinski mike at rockynet.com
Wed Aug 18 22:36:57 UTC 2004

Has anyone else has run into these scumbags? Sometime last winter I
received a call along the lines of "We'd like to send you some materials
to review". Well, they sent some "Internet Law encyclopedia" along with
an invoice for ~$700. Of course, there was no cost mentioned in the
sales call- for all I knew they were going to send me a brochure about
their product. I can say with 100% certainty that I would never have
authorized them to send me something like this had they mentioned the
cost without much further discussion as to what I was receiving.

This is just a general heads-up to a sleazy business practice for a
sleazy company that is now attempting to extort money.