Summary with further Question: Domain Name System protection

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Aug 17 13:07:39 UTC 2004

> >>    Nope.  Its -INFORMATIONAL-  e.g. Not a Standard.
> >
> > P.S. That would be "i.e.".  If you are going to argue semantic points,

> > you should get your grammar right. =)
>
> I think "a Standard" was just an example of one of the things it is
> not. It is also not a pressure washer, a small rodent native of
> south-east Asia or the cornerstone of a successful marketing campaign
> for hand soap.

e.g. exemplia gratia
In English this means "free example" but we more commonly say
"for example" because most of us don't know Latin any more.

i.e. id est
In English this means "it is" but we more commonly say
"that is <pause>" because it seems more natural somehow.

In any case, try these two possibilities on for size and
choose your favourite.

Nope. It's -INFORMATIONAL- that is, Not a Standard.

Nope. It's -INFORMATIONAL- for example, Not a Standard.

My money is on the former. More punch. More pizzaz!

P.S. A farmer is a man, outstanding in his field.