Summary with further Question: Domain Name System protection

Patrick W Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Aug 17 04:46:00 UTC 2004

On Aug 17, 2004, at 12:31 AM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

>>> 	its not a standard.
>>
>> <ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1546.txt>, aka _Host Anycasting
>> Service_
>>
>> Looks pretty standard to me.
>

> 	Nope.  Its -INFORMATIONAL-  e.g. Not a Standard.

Ahhh, I see.

>> Not to mention being used in production on several major networks for
>> over half a decade (read: "forever") on the Internet is pretty well
>> tested technology.
>
> 	true enough.  but not "the most scaleable and standard solution"

Yeah, well, neither is HTTP for that matter.  But most people would
consider both of them pretty standard(ized?).

I'm perfectly happy for someone to quote even an _informational_ RFC as
a "standard".  Guess I'm weird.

Sorry if everyone thinks differently.

--
TTFN,
patrick

P.S. That would be "i.e.".  If you are going to argue semantic points,
you should get your grammar right. =)