Current street prices for US Internet Transit

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Mon Aug 16 19:22:50 UTC 2004

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

>Would you pay $10 more per megabit to buy this capacity from someone using
>12000 than from someone using let's say 7600 routers? That's something
>people will have to start to figure out the way we're headed here.

You should take more care on picking your examples... Both the mentioned
subjects are fairly straightforward to configure in a way they flame out.

However on the subject at hand, to a knowledgeable buyer there is value
on operational specifications the network commits to (like latency,
jitter, packet loss, reconvergence time, etc.) To an occasional buyer
("end user") the value of a brand name is more significant.

Pete