Research - Valid Data Gathering vs. Annoying Other

Tony Rall trall at almaden.ibm.com
Fri Aug 6 20:28:03 UTC 2004

On Friday, 2004-08-06 at 15:05 EST, Robert Bonomi
<bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:
> Executive summary:
> Method of choice:       "Get Permission. *FIRST*."
> If that fails, try:     "Buy Access."
> If =that= fails, then   "Don't Do it!"

So, I have to get permission before trying to communicate with any host on
the Internet?  Shouldn't this be extended to all forms of communication?
You must have permission before mailing, phoning, or talking to anyone?

I wonder how to even go about that, because to get their permission I
likely would need to communicate with them.

I guess that's one way to squelch the usefulness and rampant growth of the
network.

Tony Rall