XO Mail engineers?

Douglas Otis dotis at mail-abuse.org
Thu Aug 5 21:05:41 UTC 2004

> David A.Ulevitch wrote:
>

>> 1: SRS may just be a boondoggle, we'll see.
>>

> Considering MARID seems to be sender id first and the rest nowhere ..
> http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3390221

This article has the state of these drafts stated incorrectly.

See:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03062.html

There is a last call coming but there is no assurance Sender-ID will
escape this process.  Judging by remaining flaws, I doubt that it will.
CSV will go to last call in October.  I think its prospects are better.

There are also work ongoing in MASS such as BATV.

See:
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/04aug/mass.txt
This agenda has been amended to include BATV.

http://www.brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-marid-batv-00-06dc.html

It will be a draft written by Dave Crocker, John Levine, Sam Silberman,
and Tony Finch.  This will stop the bounces and virus notices without any
help from the far end.

I would also expect the Submitter draft in Sender-ID to be dropped.

-Doug