Quick question.

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Thu Aug 5 09:02:29 UTC 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 10:53 PM, Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:
>
>> I am sorry, but I do not make a theory - I just repors practical
>> results. 2 CPU systems are much more stable than 1 CPU system, in my
>> experience. You are free to find an explanatiion, if you want -:).
>
> The theory suggests your experience is unusual,

Practice suggests that there may well be good reason for this.
Mainboards that are set up for 2 CPUs are likely to
be engineered to a much higher standard than your normal chop-shop
cheapie special.  An interesting experiment
would be to run a 1 CPU system based on the exact same 2 CPU mainboard
and if it the level of reliability
would be significantly different.

Tony