Reporting the state of an apparatus to a remote computer patented

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Thu Aug 5 13:36:22 UTC 2004

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:

> so ... mark lottor's your-machine-room-is-melting thermo+modem circa 1990
> is what? prior art?

Or the first project that I was senior systems analyst, back in 1979,
all published and everything -- remote sensing in farmers' fields via
satellite and X.25.  (Messages contained type=value tuples, not XML.)

Although I wanted to upgrade the PE 7/32s to Unix when that operating
system became more stable ;-)  This newfangled TCP/IP was starting to
look more interesting about then, too....  Merit staff mailed me the
paper, as they weren't accessible to us on-line yet.

Seems to me like a company of undergraduates without any real-time
systems experience.  And a patent office of ignorant monkeys.
--
William Allen Simpson