low-latency bandwidth for cheap?

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu Aug 5 04:05:50 UTC 2004

Assuming your router supports it and assuming you are primarily
browsing, not serving requests, you may want to try one of each. A
low-end DSL and cable connection. The chances of both being flakey at
the same moment are pretty low [in my experience] and your router should
be able to detect fairly quickly if something is amiss.

Then again, I have seen at least 50% of the instability-with-DSL
complaints in the last 1 year be related to a bad OS on a router or just
a bad router that flakes periodically.

DJ