Cisco Router best for full BGP on a sub 5K bidget 7500 7200 orother vendor ?

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Apr 26 12:24:20 UTC 2004

"Alexander Hagen" <alexander at etheric.net> writes:

> I was surprised by the similarities between the 7507 and 7513. Why EOL
> the one device that has a pleasing form factor ? There are MANY
> providers who would be quite happy with ~ 600 mbps? That's a lot of
> billings...

I think there are long-term contracts with certain Big Customers (tm)
that preclude EOLing the 7507 and the 7513, else they would be EOL as
well.  Just a guess though.

The AGS+ was manufactured in small quantities for many years after
commercial sales for all intents and purposes ceased, to support these
same customers.

                                        ---Rob