Cisco Router best for full BGP on a sub 5K bidget 7500 7200 or other vendor ?

James haesu at towardex.com
Mon Apr 26 05:50:28 UTC 2004

hmm; why do you keep questioning people how to run their own networks?

step 1. know the limits of your devices
step 2. know the limits and purpose of each routing protocols
step 3. test test test
step 4. does it work for you? if yes: do it, if no: don't

it may be entirely approprirate to have a L3 switch run bgp just for
internal / small number of prefixes, or for other reasons, depends
on the hardware limits and configuration of your topology.

getting back to the topic, 2950 switches can create dot1q vlan tags,
so can 3500. so can 2900XL but never tried myself..

-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing