Hardware for full mesh bgp

Henning Brauer hb-nanog at bsws.de
Mon Apr 26 00:59:27 UTC 2004

In the light of people dicussing the hardware requirements for running
full mesh bgp with tcmd5 and minimal filtering I just have to point out
what we're doing here currently...

14 OpenBSD developers who hack networking stuff from all over the world
have flown in to enjoy 4 days of coding.

OF course we are also working on our bgpd. As we're a little low on
electrical power here we use a lot of small embedded machines - and I
have full mesh bgp sessions on quite some of those, using tcp md5sig
sessions of course.

check this out: http://somewhere.whereever/pic.jpg
that little green box bob and myself are holding in our hands has a
full feed. It is a 266 MHz Geode with 128MB RAM working off a CF card.
Getting the session established and the full table transferred takes
less than 8 seconds...