Lazy network operators

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sun Apr 25 12:46:29 UTC 2004

Randy Bush wrote:

>>We need one (or more) of the p2p vendors to support it.
>>

>ask not what X can do for you, but what you can do for X.
>i.e., what does ipv6 do for the p2p vendors?

More direct connections between the peers, instead of taking detours
through the "pull mode internet" where you need to find a common meeting
point somewhere which is not obscured by address mangling. And because
of many NAT´s today limit the number of flows per subscriber, you also
should get more performance, which is something that directly appeals to
end users.

Pete